The new year is upon us, and so should another year of your continued use of safe and effective methods for preventing cavities and gum disease.
Cavities, also called tooth decay, consist of the breakdown of important tooth enamel that exists to protect our teeth. Because our adult teeth do not grow back, we cannot risk losing them, so we must care for them to ensure they can last us for a lifetime’s worth of happiness.
Prevent cavities all year long with protective measures for your teeth. Here are some excellent guidelines to consider:
– After meals, chewing sugarless gum for at least 20 minutes has been shown to fight cavities.
– Visit your dentist at James D. Schuette. DDS. regularly for professional cleanings or oral exams.
– Make sure you practice proper etiquette with your brushing tactics including how you brush and how you care for your toothbrush.
– Mouthwash is good for rinsing away bad bacteria and food particles.
– Floss once daily with ADA-approved dental floss or dentist recommended flossing tools.
– Avoid sticky candies, chewy snacks, or other foodstuffs that are difficult to wash away or remove from your teeth and gums.
– Brush your teeth twice daily with toothpaste that is ADA-approved or dentist recommended.
As long as you take the necessary steps to protect yourself, cavities can be prevented. If you would like to schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. James D. Schuette, please call our office at 816-554-7656. We are located in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. We look forward to making your oral health care for the new year the brightest one yet.