Do you use mouthwash to clean your mouth? Are you using the right mouthwash? All forms of mouthwash are not created equally as they can perform a multitude of different functions ranging from whitening teeth to fluoride treatment and fresh breath. Choose your mouthwash based on the needs you require for your smile. Listed below are a few tips for cleaning your smile with the right mouthwash:
– Always speak with your dentist before trying any new form of mouthwash. Alternatively, look for brands and products of mouthwash that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance, which guarantees the product is safe and effective.
– If you suffer from halitosis, also known as bad breath, mouthwash has been proven to clinically fight many of its causes.
– Some mouthwash products have ingredients in them capable of whitening teeth by removing deep stains and discolorations.
– If you are looking to strengthen your tooth enamel, look for a mouthwash that features fluoride as an active ingredient.
– Although mouthwash is a helpful tool in the battle for optimum oral health, never use it as a substitute for brushing or flossing daily.
If you would like to learn more about mouthwash or to book a professional cleaning with James D. Schuette. DDS., contact us at our dentist office in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. Our number is 816-554-7656. Dr. James D. Schuette and our entire team look forward to your visit.