If your tooth has experienced significant damage or decay, we may recommend a crown to return your smile to good health and function. A dental crown is a restoration that caps the damaged tooth, entirely covering it up to the gum line. Dental crowns are custom made to fit your smile comfortably and aesthetically and to return the damaged tooth to its optimal shape and size.
Dental crowns are very versatile; they can be used for a number of cosmetic and restorative purposes. Dr. James D. Schuette may recommend a crown to:
- Cover a dental implant and replace a missing tooth
- Protect a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy
- Strengthen a weakened or cracked tooth
- Anchor a dental bridge in place
- Support a large filling when little original tooth structure is left
- Enhance the appearance of a severely stained tooth
- Improve the function and look of a misshapen tooth
Crowns can be made from various materials. Our dentist often recommends porcelain crowns because of their beautiful, natural-looking appearance. If you would like to learn more about dental crowns in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, please contact our dental office today.
What We Offer
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- General & Family Dentistry
- Patient Comfort
- Patient Safety
- Tooth Decay and Repair