Keeping your braces clean and in good condition is essential to ensure that your treatment remains on schedule. If your braces are damaged or allowed to fall into disrepair, they will not be able to adequately straighten your teeth.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
– Brush your teeth slowly and carefully to avoid damaging your braces.
– Keep all of your appointments with your dentist and orthodontist and follow their instructions.
– The doctor may give you some dietary restrictions to prevent food from damaging your braces or getting lodged in your dental work
– If your braces should break, never try to fix them yourself, since you can damage the dental work or harm your teeth and gums.
– If you have problems using dental floss with your braces, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser or an air flosser.
– If you wear a retainer, you should sanitize it regularly and clean it each night.
If you notice a problem with your braces, don’t worry, it can be fixed by your orthodontist. James D. Schuette. DDS. remains committed to your oral health, and you are welcome to book an appointment with us by calling 816-554-7656. Stop by our office in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and Dr. James D. Schuette and our team will be happy to treat you.